From:  Mixmaster[SMTP:[email protected]]
Sent:  Tuesday, October 24, 1995 1:10 PM
To:  cypherpunks
Subject:  No Subject

To All,

    A theme I have been thinking about lately is a virtual
data haven using a m from n secret splitting scheme via
a DC Net for access and hosting the entire process via HTML
and W3. The salient feature would be database objects split in such a way
that
participating
sites would possess no more than 1 encrypted slice of any particular
encrypted object. Some redundancy of storage is built into the design and
participating site give up local storage to store other slices
of the datahaven. At no time is the site hosting able to
make correlations of slices to plaintext traffic because the
split is done on the users workstation and the placement of the slice
on the individual slice on the member datahaven site is accomplished with
encrypted remailer tech(probably Mixmaster 2) and CGI or java
scripts. The idea here is to be able to store ANY information on the net
not just what the local bluenoses approve of.

    anon