Re: US government department for crime enforcement!

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995 [email protected] wrote:

> It's come to my attention that the US government has a group
> called the 'Department of the Treasury Financial Crimes
> Enforcement Network' in Vienna, Virginia.

Yeah, in case you're interested, Anon, Wired had an article on them,
I think in 1.2, the cypherpunks issue. It might also be in their privacy
archive. Fincen has webpages at
www.ustreas.gov/treasury/bureaus/fincen/fincen.html

The agency is pretty much an alternative to the IRS's crumbling computers
and a nice cover for possibly unapproved interagency cooperation.
Look up some recent posts by Douglas Barnes on a banking conference.

Sorry to repeat what's been said here a zillion times before.

This account is a remailer for bad terminal servers. The above opinions are
entirely the result of line noise. @#$#@$~%?!!