Re: FBI seeks huge wiretapping system

>I was being facetious. The point is that the government has no
>inherent right to tap our phones -- indeed, it didn't do so for nearly
>the first 200 years of our existance, and we did just fine -- better,
>in fact.

It is a well-known fact that it was common practice for NSA operatives to
masquerade as Injuns in the 1800's and waylay Pony Express riders in order
to intercept communications between targeted parties. This practice lost
popularity towards the end of the century with the advent of boxed cereal,
and with it the Lone Ranger Decoder Ring, since the operatives were too
underfunded to afford anything more than oatmeal.

[ducks]
--
   Jay Campbell                [email protected] - Operations Manager
   -=-=-=-=-=-=-               Sense Networking, Santa Cruz Node

"On the Information Superhighway, I'm the guy
  behind you in this morning's traffic jam leaning on his horn."