[political noise] Re: Crypto & Taxes

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995 [email protected] wrote:

> Why unfortunately? I happen to consider that our modern social ecconomy
> is a high point of civilisation. It is certainly a tremendous achievement.
> We can educate the entire population, provide them with health care,
> prevent famine and provide protection against crime and agression by
> other states. All in all rather a good deal.

That wonderful state of bliss seems rather limited in certain parts of
the world.

Not that I want to get into a big political discussion, but David Friedman
has a nice, calm and rational book called The Machinery of Freedom, 2nd ed,
which argues anarchism/libertarianism from an economist'spoint of view.
The argument is not cased in terms of ethics and morals but rather
economic efficiency and utility. Slim, easy to read and cheap. He also
has a good sense of humor. Unfortunately the book is currently on back order.
I'm holding on to my library copy until they ship one to me.

You can butt heads with him and Tim on the cyberia list (I don't remember
the address but they have it at news://nntp.hks.net )

I gather from the cyphernomicon that someone recently converted him to
cryptoanarchy.