DejaNews all over again--a URL for Usenet Searching

I usually avoid passing on URLs of interesting sites, in the name of
conserving bandwidth (*), but this one really has me jazzed:

http://dejanews.com/

It allows searching of Usenet archives (a few months' worth, from what I
can see).

This was pointed out to me on the Cyberia list, by Eugene Volokh, who wrote:

"    Check out http://dejanews.com/ -- truly a remarkable service.
They index a huge number of Internet news groups, and let you search
through them for any word or words you want.

"    Want to know what people are saying about some new book?  About
some political topic?  Most importantly, about you behind your back?
Check it out!  Lots of fun, and a bit scary."

A good way for newcomers to find out what's been written on some topic that
interests them, or to see who's writing what. (I checked out the index for:
"Blacknet," "Chaum," and a bunch of other things...the possibilities are
endless, and I suspect this will be the URL I go to more often than any
other.)

--Tim May

(* Perhaps someday we might ask people what their favorite URLs are. We've
done polls on books, so why not URLs?)

Views here are not the views of my Internet Service Provider or Government.