Re: The future will be easy to use

At 02:46 PM 11/29/95 -0500, Jon Lasser wrote:
>Not if you're encrypting a Credit Card transaction to ship physical
>goods.  In that case, I'm going to certainly want to link a key ID to a
>physical body (or at least address) if I'm the seller, so as to limit
>liability as best I can.

Not at all:  All you need to do is be able to prove you shipped
to the address requested:  You do not have to know what the
relationship is between the address requested and identity
paying you to ship.

> However, if you have optional linking of ID and name, shippers will only
> ship to keys with such attributes. Because just ID and address, it could
> be a "hit and run" type attack shipped to a safe maildrop.

This argument makes no sense at all:  I am going to attack my
enemies by paying people to send books, computers, and stuff
to them?

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]