e-mail forwarding, for-pay remailers

I don't have much faith that the people who are currently doing the DNS
for my domain name (goldenbear.com) are going to do anything about the
current bouncing-messages phenomenon anytime soon, so I'm looking into other
ways to get & send E-mail (e.g., more persistent than this address which
will disappear when I'm done with school in ~ 6 months). I've found a few
services which may be of interest to C-punks because they're useful for
creating/maintaining persistent cyberspace identities with no necessary
connection to a "real name".

I'm not listing the alpha-style alias servers because they depend on
underlying remailers which I think makes them likely to be slower & less
reliable; also, they won't store E-mail for you, such that you could connect
every day or two or [...] to pick it up.

I'm also ignoring the zillions of ISP's because I think that the market is
separating (or ought to) into service/storage providers and connectivity
providers. My hunch is that in the next year or so it's going to become easy
to get nationwide dialups for IP connectivity the way it was done for X.25
10 years ago, so you won't care *where* you are, you'll be able to get an IP
connection back to the folks that hold your mail, and you won't give a shit
where *they* are. Then again, if the Exon stuff passes, I suspect that all
we'll be left with in the US are service providers who deal with us at the
level of IP packets and get (quasi-)common carrier status, acting just like
Sprintnet/Tymnet/Telenet/CPN, but with IP not X.25. We'll all connect to
offshore providers to pick up our E-mail and read our newsgroups, the
control freaks will hate it, and we won't care.

netbox.com ( http://www.netbox.com ) provides web pages and E-mail storage
or forwarding for people; they let you sign up for a trial month for free.
They ask for name/address/phone (which could easily be a Mailboxes Etc
address and a voicemail from Mailboxes Etc or whatever) and accept payment
by check or credit card. They'll store incoming email or forward it to
another account. They'll do header rewriting (similar to the anonymous
remailers)
so that outgoing mail looks like it came from this address.

thebook.com ( http://www.thebook.com ) provides web pages and E-mail storage
or forwarding or E-mail -> FAX conversion, and also let you sign up for a
free month to try things out. They also ask for name/address/phone. You can
send incoming Emails to different places depending on wildcard-based filter
criteria.

The ACM ( http://www.acm.org ) provides e-mail forwarding and web pages to
ACM members ($25 for students or ~$80 for professionals) for ~ $25/year.

Hiway Technologies ( http://www.hway.com ) provides web pages and will
accept/forward mail sent to your own domain name for pretty cheap.

I'm planning to make a wee FAQ on this for my home page, please send along
comments re these folks or suggestions about others.
--
"The anchored mind screwed into me by the psycho-    Greg Broiles
lubricious thrust of heaven is the one that thinks