Re: ADDRESS DATABASE?

  The best way to circumvent something like the below occurring is to have
your home phone number listed under a pseudonym with no street address listed -
and block out *69 and caller-id.  If some entity wants your phone number,
give them your business number.

>>Something of privacy interest happened to me yesterday.  I phoned
>>a company to ask for a copy of their catalog.  The phone clerk
>>asked for my last name and zip code.  After receiving that info,
>>the clerk asked me, "Is this your full name and address?" and
>>then gave them both correctly.  I was taken aback.
>>Does anyone know how this trick was done?
>
>    What trick? For ~$150, you can buy a CD-ROM-set DB with every listed
>>phone number in the U.S. on it, faxes too;

Lynne L. Harrison, Esq.   |     "The key to life:
Poughkeepsie, New York    |      - Get up;
E-mail:                   |      - Survive;
[email protected]         |      - Go to bed."