Re: CFS and Linux

Fred Cohen writes to me in private:
> > Alice B. Cohen writes:
>
> If you mean to imply that I am Alice, that constitutes slander, and I
> will sue.

I'd love to see you try. Please, sue me immediately.

Since you agree in public with Alice practically all the time, the
damages would be fascinating to assess. "Your honor, my client, who
has no reputation in the group we are discussing to speak of, feels
that by being publically conflated with this anonymous personage who's
opinions he univerasally agrees with that his reputation has been
damaged, since, well, er, we aren't sure why, but it has. I mean,
people might ascribe opinions to him that he claims to hold! Obviously
that must be damaging!"

What would the monetary damages be, Fred? I mean, there are some
people here who would gain a bit of added respect for you since being
Alice would imply that you knew how to use anonymous remailers, so
there would be some evidence that you could do *something*, which many
people here had in doubt up until now. I suspect you actually gain
reputation that way, so perhaps I should sue you for unjust
enrichment. (*)

Perry

(* Not close captioned for the sarcasm impaired.)