900 MHz phones

It seems like the hornets nest has been stirred.

I was merely trying to point out a possible consumer grade hole in
some of the FH phones currently on the market.  If the Interceptor or Scout can
be used to listen to a FH phone, then surely it is being done.

I used to work with a guy who would program his scanner to all of his
neighbors cordless phone frequencies, then he would call them to
verify his programming.  A six-pack on a Saturday night and the scanner would
be more entertaining than the bug light.

Personally, my concern is with my next door neighbor listening to me talk to my
girlfriend, not the NSA.  If I want to arrange delivery of PGP to the Russians
of where I should pick up my next 50 kg of cocaine, I'm *not* going to use my
home phone.  Because of these concerns, I refuse to own a cordless phone.  So
if the 900 MHz phones are resistant to these consumer grade attacks, they might
be worth the money, otherwise the neighbors will just upgrade.

        Floyd D. Barber
        [email protected]
        Key fingerprint:
        8A 98 1F 6B 70 7A FE 24