Re: Netscape gives in to key escrow

SMTP%"[email protected]"  4-DEC-1995 23:35:15.06 writes
>On Mon, 4 Dec 1995 [email protected] wrote:
>
>> Black Unicorn <[email protected]> wrote
>> >On Fri, 1 Dec 1995 [email protected] wrote:

... many cuts all along to save bandwidth ...

>I'm afraid you have missed the point too.
>
>I don't care as much what the personal positions are, or what the ethical
>center from which person x or person y works.
>
>I am most distressed because of what I see as a snowjob.
>
>"We are anti-GAK"
>
>Great, tell me what you have done to prevent GAK from proliferating.
>
>In the absence of an answer to that challenge, I have to question the
>first statement as fluff or PR.
>
>This has nothing to do with Netscape sharing my opinion, or not sharing
>my view on the evil of GAK.  It has to do with putting up or shutting
>up.  I have been told that Netscape agrees with me, or will agree with
>me, I just don't know that I believe it yet.

	For the last time: I have nothing to do with Netscape. So, please,
stop making silly associations. What I do to defend my opinions it to try
and get more people involved in the subject, explain the problems in terms
they can understand, discuss with them about possible solutions (sometimes
they have better ideas than me) and try to promote an effective course of
action. And in any case that's *my* business.

	Being in a different country and even continent, what I do may not
be of any direct consequence to you. And since I have nothing to do with
any commercial company -hey I don't even use Netscape- it has no relationship
whatsoever with Netscape or any other company.

	If you think that people likes to hear complains, go along. In my
experience people is more cooperative when they see better solutions than
just making a boicott and renouncing to use things they like. So, I'll
keep on explaining what crypto can do for them and how easy it is to be
taken advantage of. And how easy it is for them to press and get what they
deserve.

	WRT legal courses of actions, just remember there's a whole world
our your privy. It's sad you don't know better, but if you look around
carefully you'll discover that many of the proposed actions are not feasible
in many places. Just go out of your shell.

	I haven't either. I wouldn't be here if I did.

				jr