Re: Windows Eudora and PGP

At 10:24 AM 1/3/96 -0800, you wrote:
>At 09:43 AM 1/3/96 -0800, Jim Bell wrote:
>
>>(BTW, I use Eudora, and I have PGP.  Could somebody explain how to PGP-sign
>>messages, ideally EASILY?)
>
>I use Eudora as well.  It is not as easy as I would like.  You have a couple
>of options:
>
>1)  Use cut-and-paste into Private Idaho.  Private Idaho will allow you to
>paste back into Eudora.  (Or you can send out from Private Idaho directly.)
>This option is useful becuase it supports nyms and chaining of remailers.
>
>2)  Get one of the standard Windows PGP shells and paste into that.  After
>signing, you will have to repaste into Eudora again.
>
>These seem to be the only options.  I am not certain if there is a standard
>DDE or OLE interface that could be used to feed message information back and
>forth between Eudora and some other app.  There have been a number of
>promises of Eudora/PGP integration, but nothing has materialized yet.

[sigh]  Just what I thought, no easy solutions.  Well, for now I'll just
skip signing; I haven't had any problem (that I know of...knock on silicon)
with forged messages, and my normal posts are so enthusiastically anarchical
and inflammatory that the only way anybody could really embarrass me is to
forge a message, ostensibly from me, saying I agreed with some governmental
activity somewhere.

>There are no easy answers I know of...
>
>If you need a copy of Private Idaho, I can point you to a web site or bring
>a copy along to the meeting on the 20th.

Please do...