Re: Windows Eudora and PGP

At 01:27 PM 1/3/96 -0800, jim bell wrote:
>At 10:24 AM 1/3/96 -0800, you wrote:
>>At 09:43 AM 1/3/96 -0800, Jim Bell wrote:
>>
>>>(BTW, I use Eudora, and I have PGP.  Could somebody explain how to PGP-sign
>>>messages, ideally EASILY?)
>>
>>I use Eudora as well.  It is not as easy as I would like.  You have a couple
>>of options:
>>
>>1)  Use cut-and-paste into Private Idaho.  Private Idaho will allow you to
>>paste back into Eudora.  (Or you can send out from Private Idaho directly.)
>>This option is useful becuase it supports nyms and chaining of remailers.
>>
>>2)  Get one of the standard Windows PGP shells and paste into that.  After
>>signing, you will have to repaste into Eudora again.
>>
>>These seem to be the only options.  I am not certain if there is a standard
>>DDE or OLE interface that could be used to feed message information back and
>>forth between Eudora and some other app.  There have been a number of
>>promises of Eudora/PGP integration, but nothing has materialized yet.
>
>[sigh]  Just what I thought, no easy solutions.  Well, for now I'll just
>skip signing; I haven't had any problem (that I know of...knock on silicon)
>with forged messages, and my normal posts are so enthusiastically anarchical
>and inflammatory that the only way anybody could really embarrass me is to
>forge a message, ostensibly from me, saying I agreed with some governmental
>activity somewhere.
>

>>There are no easy answers I know of...
>>
>>If you need a copy of Private Idaho, I can point you to a web site or bring
>>a copy along to the meeting on the 20th.
>
>Please do...

I have heard that their are alpha releases currentky geing worked on at
quest/qualcomm. But i would have to say before they come out your best bet
to pgp and eudora is either pidaho or just use it in dos. pidaho is a great
front end. A lot better than any others out their.

 I have also heard that ViaCrypt is a good alternative. But I am not sure.
Has anyone else out there heard anything good/bad about ViaCrypt?
--
                 [email protected]