Re: Starting an e-cash bank

(Just about caught up to 2 week's worth of cypherpunks...  That 'J' got
  quite a workout...)

In article <[email protected]>,
Alex Strasheim  <[email protected]> wrote:
>> What does it take to be called a bank?
>
>Is it necessary to be called a bank?  I've got a storefront in Chicago.
>What would prevent me from opening up a Mark Twain account and buying and
>selling ecash on floppies, in person?  Do account holders have to agree
>not to do that before Mark Twain gives them an account?  Is it illegal?
>
>The currency exchange model almost seems more appropriate for most users
>than the bank model.

Isn't that what Sameer announced in his latest(?) press release?
c2.org has a MT account.  c2.org customers don't.  The customers
receive ecash payments from the Net (for accessing their |<00|_ web pages)
and give the payments to c2.org, which deposits them in its MT acocunt,
and credits the customer (minus a percentage?  Lower than the customer
would otherwise get from MT, but higher than c2.org (a merchant) is charged?).
Did I get that right?

  - Ian