Big Bill: "You will be assimilated"

At 7:37 PM 1/5/96, Duncan Frissell wrote:
>At 01:47 PM 1/5/96 -0500, Gordon Campbell wrote:
>>At 12:56 AM 1/5/96 -0500, Larry Sudduth wrote:
>>
>>>Attachment Converted: C:\WORK\WINMAIL.DAT
>>
>>What, pray tell, is this?
>>

>When a MS Mail attachment wanders around the world, it is accompanied by a
>data file of some kind.  That is winmail.dat.  So every MS MAIL attachment
>is really two attachments.  Try to ignore it.

You know, between Microsoft Mail, Microsoft Exchange, and other weirdnesses
associated with Microsoft, it's almost as if Big Bill (the guy in
Washington, but not D.C.) is trying to tell us be assimilated or face
continued pseudo-spamming.

(No insult to Microsoft intended, but other companies seem to understand it
is up to them to make efforts to comply with conventional Internet
standards, while MS seems to relish doing things its own way, the rest of
us be damned.)

I hate the thought of putting all Microsoft domain addresses in my kill
file, but at least it solves the problem.

--Tim May