Re: Mixmaster On A $20 Floppy?

In article <[email protected]>,
tallpaul <[email protected]> wrote:
>Question 1: Can you fit linux, pgp, mixmaster, etc. on the 135 Mb disk and
>have enough useful space left over for a useful amount of data?

Yes.  I have a pair of standard 1.44 MB floppies, one of which has
a Linux kernel (boot disk), the other has a filesystem containing
just enough stuff to be able to stick the disk in an arbitrary
PC, use PPP to connect to the net, and use kerberos to log in.
I'm going to use the new ramdisk features in the 1.3 kernels to
put more useful stuff on the disk, too, like file utils, maybe... :-)

But if I can squeeze everything I need to turn an arbitrary PC
into a secure (modulo hardware) login session into 1.44 MB + boot image,
I don't think there's a problem putting all the stuff you want on a
135MB disk.  Hell, the _hard disk_ on my Linux box is only 80MB...

   - Ian