Re: noise levels

At 10:20 AM 1/18/96 -0500, Perry wrote:

>The noise levels around here are getting astounding.
>
>Posts on windows registration wizards, gun control, unemployment,
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Kevin Mitnick's underwear, and all the rest are most certainly NOT
>doing us any good.
>, and YOU DUNDERHEADS
>ARE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CARRY OUT IMPORTANT DISCUSSIONS.

   Well, I'm sure you're correct on most of those,
but the post on Microsoft using ENCRYPTED databases
of competitor programs as part of its plan to surreptitiously
collect information from unsuspecting users when they allow
their "wizard" to violate their PRIVACY seems to be
quite germane to this lists's topics (which include
encryption and privacy, as I recall).   I found the
reference it pointed to very interesting reading indeed.

rj