Re: noise levels

"R. J. Harvey" writes:
> At 10:20 AM 1/18/96 -0500, Perry wrote:
> >
> >The noise levels around here are getting astounding.
> >
> >Posts on windows registration wizards, gun control, unemployment,
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>    Well, I'm sure you're correct on most of those,
> but the post on Microsoft using ENCRYPTED databases
> of competitor programs as part of its plan to surreptitiously

Actually, the database isn't encrypted -- its plaintext -- and the
wizard isn't surreptitious and tells you everything its doing and lets
you stop it if you like. In short, the topic has no cryptography
or security relevance *AT ALL*.

The posts on Microsoft's bad encryption for Windows passwords are
perfectly relevant, and I hope people don't confuse these issues.

Perry