re: CAPI signing

At 01:40 PM 1/18/96 -0600, Mike McNally wrote:

> A Microsoft person just responded via direct e-mail that they'll do
> CAPI signing in the United States (the word "only" wasn't in there,
> but that certainly was the implication).

In order to get government approval of CAPI, Microsoft made concessions
that we will doubtless find offensive.  But once CAPI is in place and
working, then those concessions can be taken back.

CAPI is a good thing:  It is sound design and it will open another
front in the conflict.  Once software is around that has crypto hooks in it,
we can then deal with restrictions on CAPI modules using technical
and political means.  I expect that technical means will be effective
and successful.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]