Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 06:48:44 -0500 (EST)
From: Emmanuel Goldstein <[email protected]>
Subject: Bernie S. Sentencing Friday

I just found out that Bernie S. will be sentenced this Friday morning
at 9 am in Easton, PA for the crime of removing batteries from a tone
dialer several years ago. This is defined as a victimless misdemeanor
for which the judge in this small town (under considerable influence
from the Secret Service) set bail at $250,000. He could get two years
in prison at sentencing. Press attention could be very helpful in
avoiding a sentence as irrational as the bail setting - right now the
only influence these people are getting is from the Secret Service and
they want to put Bernie S away for as long as they can. If you're not
entirely up to date on this story, finger [email protected] for all of
the details.

If you know of anyone who will cover this story, please get ahold of
them right away so they can plan on being there. If anyone is
interested
in going, let me know so we can hopefully fill some cars from NYC.

Sentencing is scheduled for Friday, January 26 at 9 am
Courtroom 5
Northampton County Government Center
7th and Washington Street
Easton, PA 18042-7492

(610) 559-3020 (district attorney)

case # 2173-1993
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania vs. Edward E. Cummings
Misdemeanor 2 - tampering with physical evidence

Please help spread the word.

[email protected]

=========END FORWARDED MESSAGE=========