Re: Telecoms Bill

From: Deranged Mutant <[email protected]>

>Encrypted/truly anonymous ftp would be nice (though some folx would
understandably have problems with truly anonymous uploads, and crypto
export restrictions in the US could be problematic legally).

I think there is already work on encrypted telnet (stel) by the CERT/IT
people.
	If a completely encrypted http method (ssl) is indeed available, a
(clunky) solution to both of the above would be a web proxy on an encrypted
server that would act like a ftp or telnet proxy. I'm not sure about the limits
of the html language for doing this (updates, et al)- it may have to be
graphics to the user and form input back, which would take a while.
	-Allen