Re: Fair Credit Reporting Act and Privacy Act

At 07:04 PM 2/5/96 -0500, Tim Philp wrote:
>I don't believe that this follows at all. All that would be required
>would be a statutory obligation to comply with the legislation.

And how can you enforce this statutory obligation?  Privacy laws
against private citizens run into the same problem as drug laws:
You need intrusive means to enforce them.

A law "protecting" privacy would require government supervision
of what is on my computer and your computer.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]