Re: Tell me whats wrong with this

On Feb 09, 1996 06:39:28, 'Duncan Frissell <[email protected]>' wrote:

>"Your Honor, I plead necessity.  The reason I violated this law was so
that
>I would have plenty of practice in case I ever find myself in a
totalitarian
>state.  Since the laws of the US and International Law permit (and in some

>cases require) me to violate the laws of a totalitarian state, I need to
>practice law violation under the less stressful circumstances of the
current
>US.  Without practice, I won't be able to violate totalitarian laws
smoothly
>and thus might have to obey them.  This could put me in jeopardy under
>International Law.  Necessity defense."

Perry: I plead necessity.

"The reason I posted my latest tract on why all men are rapists to the
cypherpunk list was so that I would have plenty of practice in case I ever
find myself in a society trying to argue against fundamental rights. I need
to practice arguing against these things under less stressful circumstances
of the current US. Without practice, I won't be able to argue for civil
liberties smoothly and thus might have to obey bad laws in a society
without those liberties. This could put me in jeopardy under those laws.
Necessity defense."

     ==Andr*a Dw*rk*n

Other than that, nothing is wrong with it, Duncan. Within limits you can
argue in court whatever the judge lets you argue. I am not sure that the
judge would even listen.

I also suspect that if you relied on this defense you would rapidly be
convicted. But that,of course, is something you have the freedom to do.

--tallpaul