No Subject

>We ought to speak out against this Chineese net, and start asking
>questions about Western companies that are collaborating in its
>construction.

*definitely*!

>We ought to allow the free export of any crypto tools to any country for
>any reason.

     No!  You have no duty to promote an entity that actively acts against your
fundamental principles

>But if there are going to be any restrictions at all, it
>ought to be on tools used for anti-democratic controls.

     The essence of the measure, or guideline stated in your previous paragraph
is to protect freedom and the individual.  Therefore, we must *personnally* put
try to act in a way compatible with our basic view of how life should really be.