Re:

}>Yet if I read you correctly earlier, you don't think the USG has the right
}>to regulate those communications. Why the distinction ?
}
}Okay, obviously I need to drop down a gear & explain *my* feelings:
}
}Part of the definition of a "sovereign nation" is to define and carry
}out both high and low justice over it's domain - the absolute right
}of a sovereign. Is not mentioned in the US constitution because it
}was a given. <-------No offense, but what the fuck kind of logic is that?
}It is not a given.  It was not put in because that is not the type of
}government the founders endevored to erect.  Read on please, I'll explain
}myself.

}Further, the purpose of the US Constitution is to:
}a) define what the sovereign was (three branches - rock, scissors, & paper)
}b) set forth certain limitations on that sovereign ("Congress shall make
}   no law...")
}c) define certain duties of the sovereign (regulation of foreign commerce...)

<rm>

I cut the rest of your post because the main premise is not correct.  The
goal was not to create a sovereign government.  It clearly states in the
Declaration of Independence that the power belongs entirely to the people
and that the government is a group of officials who are elected to do the
bidding of the people.  They have what power we give to them
(theoretically, of course.  They don't seem to listen much, do they?).

sovereign n. 1. A person, governing body, etc., in whom the >supreme power
or authority is vested.<  adj. 1. Exercising or possessing supreme
authority or jurisdiction.  2. Independent, and free from external
authority or influence: a sovereign state.

This is not what our government is.  They are liable to us and the ultimate
power lies with us.  They are not independent and free from our influence.
The opening statements of the Declaration of Independence, before they get
to the complaints, outlines the the founding fasthers intentions in forming
a government of their own.  I have already quoted it in another post.
"...to institute new Government, laying it's foundation on such principles
and organizing it's powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely
to effect their Safty and Happiness."  The government seems more intent on
_affecting_ our safty and happiness.

It's been said before and it will continue to remain true, the govt scares
up a new boogyman to frighten the public into giving it more power until
finally the people do not have enough power to take back the power thwy
gave to the govt.  Democracy becomes facism through fear.  What really
confuses me is how most people in this country do not understand the logic
behind this.

lunaslide

"Prohibition... goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to
control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things
that are not crimes... A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very
principles upon which our government was founded."
- -- Abraham Lincoln

On the meridian of time there is no injustice, only the poetry of motion
creating the illusion of truth and drama.
                                                Henry Miller