Re: Response to Perrygram

Timothy C. May writes:
> Perry once again resorts to insults. Constantly belittling the efforts of
> others suggests deepseated psychological doubts about his own
> contributions.

I have no deep seated psychological doubts about my own
contributions. I do, however, have a deep seated dislike for people
who wish to demonstrate their "freedom" by posting anything they like
wherever they like. Sure, you are "free" to do that, just like you are
"free" to burn down your own house, insult all your friends, or
anything else that isn't socially worthwhile. You have to ask, though,
if these are things in your interest or that will improve the world.

I will repeat, Tim. You have no job and do nothing for a living. For
you it is probably hard to understand that some of us prefer to get
our mail segregated by topic so that we don't have to spend more time
than needed reading our email. However, for some of us, time is
money. I have failed to directly answer your comments on this sort of
thing out of deference to your "elder statesman" status around here,
but this is getting silly. If you want to post about libertarianism,
libernet, so far as I know, still takes postings. If you want to read
about the habits of migrating birds, there are interest groups for
that. We don't have a lot of good places to discuss specifically
cryptography and its impact, and this group was set up *for that*.

I mean, why not just have one mailing list for all topics of all sorts
if "filtering" and "hitting the 'd' key" are supposed to be the only
way we deal with this stuff, hmm?

Perry