Re: Patents suck

>I take some disagreement with that.
>
>With patents, there is a problem of large companies owning them yet
>doing nothing with them except suing other companies or individuals.

If you reject that possibility, you imply that the result of your work
for yourself might not be your own property.  It does not matter if the
idea patented was originated be the patent holder of was purchased by the
patent holder.  Money is equivalent to personnal work.

And the property rights *are* fundamentals (even if not implemented in
Biiieauuuutifull Canada...).

You can not have your cake and eat it too...

>Patents would be better if there was a good-faith attempt on the
>part of the holder to "use it or lose it".  Somebody sitting on a
>patent and doing nothing with it deserves to lose it after a number
>of years.

AFAIK, such clause already exists in Canada.  But again, I am not a layer.

JFA
**** NEW PGP 2.6.2 KEY *********
This key is actually suspended, as of Feb, 16 1996, was never distributed,
and might be subject to deletion.  Sorry for the trouble my mis-management might have caused.

2048 bits Key ID:24201BA1 1996/02/13 Jean-Francois Avon <[email protected]>
Key fingerprint =  23 B6 24 31 86 67 FB 35  C7 A7 AF 12 A1 61 E9 3D

**** OLD KEY: DO NOT USE ANYMORE UNLESS FOR VERIFYING SIGNATURES ****

1024 bits Key ID:57214AED 1995/10/04 Jean-Francois Avon <[email protected]>
Key fingerprint =  84 96 76 AE EB 7C AB 15  88 47 87 B0 18 31 74 9F