Re: Another Motivation for the CDA (Federal Sentencing Guid

At  9:59 PM 3/8/96 -0800, Bill Stewart wrote:
>The pizza guy was a thug, but twice as many third-strikers got
>their third strike for marijuana as for all violent crimes combined.
>I assume most of these had large quantities, possibly intended for sale,
>and a number of them had real crimes as their previous felonies
>rather than Prohibition-related offenses.  But you can get legally
>serious quantities of marijuana by just growing a couple of plants.

I wonder how many of these drug dealers previous "real crimes" were related
to using violence to protect their drug business, defense which would have
used the courts and police had drug dealing been legal.

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA