So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary? (Was List O' , shame)

If the Leahy bill is unacceptable, what legistlation is necessary? I
can't see how the use of cryptography in the commission of a crime needs
to be a separate offence, but I could see how it could be treated as a
special circumstance - that doesn't really needed a new law though.

I do feel that it should be possible for courts to sub poena crypto keys,
but that doesn't really need new law either (4th and 5th ammendments
become _really_ important though (hmmm- there advantages to writing down a
constitution after all :)

Simon

---
They say in  online country             So which side are you on boys
There is no middle way                  Which side are you on
You'll either be a Usenet man           Which side are you on boys
Or a thug for the CDA                   Which side are you on?
  National Union of Computer Operatives; Hackers, local 37   APL-CPIO