Re: So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary? (Was List O', shame)

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Declan B. McCullagh wrote:

> Leahy's bill will not pass. Period. However, with the introduction of
> this legislation comes a chance to get _our side_ heard by the unwired.

Hear hear. But I'm afraid that last should have been written in the past
tense. There it goes...

It would have been nice to have someone in the Congressional Record saying
something like, "While I don't agree with the implementation of this
specific bill, it is arguably less totalitarian than the current arbitrary
and unconstitutional policy."

-rich