Re: So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary?

At 03:43 PM 3/27/96 -0500, Shabbir J. Safdar wrote:
> Your misunderstanding of how interceptions are done is dangerous to
> what is otherwise a rational, intelligent argument.
>
> Indeed, there are ways to conduct a wiretap without a judge.  They require
> dispensations from people like the Attorney General, for example.  And
> this is certainly not a normal practice.

I suggest that you study arithmetic before pontificating on normal government
practice:

1% of all phone capacity = 850 wiretaps a year.  Yeah, right.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]