Re: Protocols at the Point of a Gun

At 9:48 4/10/96, Duncan Frissell wrote:
[...]
>We know that governments would like to impose things like the Simple
>Tax Transfer Protocol on the Net as well as Is A Person (and Is A Minor)
>Protocols.

There is one thing about the proposed minor flag addition to IP that I
don't understand. [No, I am not surprised by this. Mandatory authorization
to establish a connection and an "Internet Driver License", probably in the
form or a smart card are coming].

If my computer creates the IP packet, what is there to prevent me from
modifying the value of the "Minor/Adult" flag at my leisure?

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.