Re: A MODEST PROPOSAL (fwd)

>>This happens any time anybody signs up with an an######@anon.penet.fi address.
>>Ideally, someone could, in their copious spare time, hack majordomo
>>to automatically translate all subscription requests of that form to
>>na######@anon.penet.fi ; as an alternative, if majordomo has some sort
>
>	In other words, majordomo is broken. I should have suspected as much,

No, it's not broken, it just interacts badly with anon.penet.fi.
Of the two of them, majordomo is doing the obvious unsurprising thing,
while anon.penet.fi needs a bit more complicated support because of
difficulties with its implication and the workarounds it uses.
Somebody did comment that they modified majordomo to handle this,
but presumably vanilla majordomo can at least pattern-match block an######,
and if it can't, you can always pre-process with egrep or sed.

#					Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, [email protected], +1-415-442-2215