Re: [Political Rant] Was: examples of mandatory content rating?

At 18:52 4/14/96, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:

>I'm not sure if the major use for ratings may not be searching for
>material that the raters don't like. I'd be interested in many things the
>fundys don't like, for instance. One could even do this via one of the
>"services" that mails out listings of places to be locked from kids - just
>sign up one of your anonymous employees, and get the data and put it on your
>anonymous web access site. Doing so - if you don't admit you've done it - may
>be cheaper than doing the research yourself. Of course, you'll need to check
>out each such site to make sure that it isn't a decoy that they've inserted.

When you do the checking, make sure it is from an IPN that does not point
back at you (or at least only points to a Server Supplied not a Dedicated
IPN). You might also want to watch out for "Canary Trap" Decoys (where each
list has an unique set of Decoys [or at least one unique Decoy] so they can
tell which copy was compromised). I'm assuming that the Decoy is a "valid"
[possibly virtual] domain address which is being logged.