Trojan Horse Loose On The Internet

According to several reliable sources there is a deadly virus on the
Internet.  This is NOT a hoax!
CAN ANYBODY CHECK THIS OUT, PLEASE..

Note: The reliability of all information below is UNKNOWN.

WHAT:
Virus Alert:  PKZIP 3.0 Trojan Loose on the Internet

BACKGROUND:
A trojan (virus) program, PKZIP 3.0, which is advertised as an updated
version of the popular compression utility PKZIP, is currently being
distributed on the Internet.  Please note that this trojan is REAL and
DESTRUCTIVE.  Once executed, this program will destroy data on your hard
drive; there's no stopping it.

According to PKWARE, makers of PKZIP, the only released versions of PKZIP
are:  1.10, 1.93, 2.04c, 2.04e and 2.04g.  All other versions currently
circulating on the Internet are suspect and should not be used.

ACTION REQUIRED:
Please do not download or execute any files that are named PKZ300B.EXE,
PKZ300B.ZIP, PKZIP300.ZIP, PKZIP300.EXE, etc. from the Internet or other
external source.

Anybody with any information on this..??
Best Regards,
                       _\|/_
                      Q(@ @)Q
|-------------------oOO-(_)-OOo--------------------|
|      If I can, it doesn't mean that I will.      |
|--------------------------------------------------|
|                Ramli Bin Jaafar                  |
|Faculty Of Computer Science And Information System|
|       University Technology Of Malaysia,         |
|              80990 Johor Baharu,                 |
|              Johor Darul Takzim,                 |
|                   Malaysia.                      |
|         Tel: (607)-5576160 ext: 3593             |
|         E-mail: [email protected]              |
|                 [email protected]              |
|                 [email protected]              |