Re: Bernstein ruling meets the virus law

At 15:50 4/20/96, Computer Virus Help Desk wrote:

>To the best of our knowledge simply writing Virus Code including it's
>"distribution" is not a crime in the United States.  However, the
>deliberate, malicious upload or infection of another's computer or system is
>a crime in many states.

What about making Virus binaries available for download? Someone I know has
been thinking about putting the famous "Outlaws" CD on the web, to provide
a one-stop place for unrestricted virus information, including source code
and live viruses. Of course the user has to accept an agreement that they
will use the information for research purposes only.

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer, DigiCash, Inc.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.