Re: java security

At 23:35 4/21/96, Bill Stewart wrote:

>Were they Java, or JavaScript?  Much different.  Among other things,
>JavaScript runs on Win3.1, and Netscape doesn't let you turn it off.
>I've had at least one event of JavaScript crashing Netscape; the part
>of the script I noticed was scrolling lots of stuff along the bottom

Javascript started the new browser. The renegade applet was Animator, which
is Java, I believe.

I didn't spend much effort investigating it, since I try to stay away from
doing things over that have hosed my system twice in a row. Win95, Atlas
beta. The offending page was http://www.dippybird.com/java.html

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.