Re: arbiter/escrow agent for hire

[email protected] wrote:

>  Black Unicorn <[email protected]> wrote:
> (> "E. ALLEN SMITH" <[email protected]> wrote:)
> > >     IIRC, currently Black Unicorn doesn't have any signatures on
> > > his public key of others. Therefore, this requirement, while understandable,
> > > could cause a bit of a difficulty in the current situation.
> >
> > Please obtain a copy of my current key by finger.
>
> Oh please.  My respect for Uni's acumen just decremented a
> couple of notches.  A 2048-bit key, and no signatures?
> Rather like a front door with welded plate armor and an open
> window, no?
>
> Let's talk more off-list...

Hang on!  This is interesting - keep in on-list!

What's the big deal about not having signed his own key?

The only thing that signing your own key does is show the
[claimed] id of the real keyholder.  There's no scope for
abuse.  Claiming this to be an armour door and open window
is overreacting a bit.

Gary
--
pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <[email protected]>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06