Re: arbiter/escrow agent for hire

 An entity callnig itself Gary Howland <[email protected]> is
 alleged to have written:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
> >  Black Unicorn <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Please obtain a copy of my current key by finger.
> >
> > Oh please.  My respect for Uni's acumen just decremented a
> > couple of notches.  A 2048-bit key, and no signatures?
> > Rather like a front door with welded plate armor and an open
> > window, no?
> >
> > Let's talk more off-list...
>
> Hang on!  This is interesting - keep in on-list!

If we did, we'd have to kill you.  8-)

> What's the big deal about not having signed his own key?
>
> The only thing that signing your own key does is show the
> [claimed] id of the real keyholder.  There's no scope for
> abuse.  Claiming this to be an armour door and open window
> is overreacting a bit.

Okay this is on-list because I have propagated disinformation
and I'm trying to propagate the correction:  for some reason
I, and apparently E. ALLEN SMITH, got a copy of Black Uni's
key which was devoid of signatures of any kind.  My
complaint was that this made it utterly open to MITM
attacks.  I was mistaken about Uni's key's lack of
signatures though, and I apologized for saying the above.

Actually, Black Uni's key via finger has two signatures (not
counting his own): Sandy Sandfort (whose key has no
signatures, as far as my copy of it goes), and
[email protected] (whose key has 22 signatures, only 3 of
which are from keys that I can find copies of not counting
loki's own).

more later,

Bryce