[RANT]Re: CryptoAnarchy: What's wrong with this picture?

At  7:05 AM 5/3/96 -0400, Michael Loomis wrote:
>No tax system will ever been perfect, but  income taxation is a good
>system of taxation.  Income taxation inevitably requires some accounting
>costs, but these costs should be going down with advances in computing
>technology and other technology...

My principle objection to the income tax is not the money, but the
bookkeeping.  When I am earning the money to pay my taxes, at least I am
working at jobs that maximize my enjoyment and earnings.  When I do the
bookkeeping, I am doing a job I hate.  (I'd rather be digging out septic
tanks.)  I have no choice but to do that job.

Fortunately, I have a wonderful wife who does the bookkeeping.  However,
come tax time, she spends far too many evenings and weekends glued to the
bookkeeping.

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA