Re: What are the Feds looking at now :)

> This message was observed to flow to firewalls mailing today...
> could this mean mean something is going on??

> >From: <[email protected]>
> >I am looking for a list of all the Internet
> >Service Providers world-wide.  Can anyone point me
> >in the right direction?

Hmm... This person doesn't seem to realize the size of the internet, or
it's decentralized nature.

I wouldn't worry about this guy. Even if such a list existed, he wouldn't
know what to do with it.

"C:\>type isplist.txt"... heheh... :)

(Yes, I know some people compile lists of ISPs, but those lists cover
only the tip of the iceburg. And yes, I also know that the root
nameservers have massive databases, but they don't provide much info
beyond the domain names and IP addresses.)

| Steve Reid - SysAdmin & Pres, EDM Web (http://www.edmweb.com/)     |
| Email: [email protected]   Home Page: http://www.edmweb.com/steve/  |
| PGP (2048/9F317269) Fingerprint: 11C89D1CD67287E6 8C09EC52443F8830 |
|               -- Disclaimer: JMHO, YMMV, IANAL. --                 |