MD5 weaknesses

Perry Metzger posted a note to coderpunks about
>A paper by Hans Dobbertin dated May 2 in private circulation has found
>an easy method for generating collisions (not pseudocollisions as was
>done in previous work) in the MD5 compression function. I was told
>that this was public information.

And somebody provided a URL to
http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/users/bsy/dobbertin.ps

The coderpunks discussion has been titled Re: Favorate flavor of hash?
for which I suppose there are alternative interpretations :-)
#					Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, [email protected], +1-415-442-2215
# goodtimes signature virus innoculation