Re: self-ratings vs. market ratings

> In consideration of the difference between "ratings" and "reputation":
>
> I think of a rating as something which is attached to something
> "pre-knowledge", whereas a reputation is something which develops over
> time & based upon informed knowledge ("after-knowledge").

Perhaps a `rating' is discrete, applied to a specific instance (a web
page, a graphic image, a film), while a `reputation' could crudely be
compiled by summing one's ratings?  (I know this is very flawed, but it
could be a starting point for perspective.)

Seth
Seth I. Rich - [email protected]            "Info-Puritan elitist crapola!!"
Systems Administrator / Webmaster, HYGNet             ([email protected])
Rabbits on walls, no problem.