Re: Mandatory Voluntary Self-Ratings

At 07:58 PM 5/9/96 -0700, you wrote:
>For every proposed "ratings" system that involves value judgments about who
>should see something, I can think of examples where a quite opposite view
>is held.

        Yes, but it is possible to have "descriptive" systems. Of course, to
make them easy, things are aggregated into groups, and these groupings have
a value judgement. But it is possible to have rating systems that don't tell
you diddley about who sees it.
Regards,       Men govern nothing with more difficulty than their tongues,
               and can moderate their desires more than their words. -Spinoza
Joseph  Reagle      http://farnsworth.mit.edu/~reagle/home.html
[email protected]      E0 D5 B2 05 B6 12 DA 65  BE 4D E3 C1 6A 66 25 4E