Re: self-ratings vs. market ratings

At 06:04 PM 5/10/96 EDT, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:
>From:   IN%"[email protected]"  "Blanc Weber" 10-MAY-1996 16:21:20.63
>
>>The more automated that filtering becomes, so that the viewer (be it an
>>adult or a child) requires less and less personal involvement in
>>evaluating what is appropriate (or even interesting) for themselves, the
>>more weak & piddly (ignorant & psychologically dependent) those people
>>could become, falling into the habit of having others - or an automatic
>>robocop -

        I was talking about this with one of the other students giving the
presentation on RSACi yesterday at Sloan. I was argueing how vice tends to
be associated with radicalism and how it seems to break people out of their
exclusive communities... (nevermind, it was a weird complex discussion.)

Regardless, I ran a roundtable on a topic similar to this. The problem of
information sharing agents evolving into exclusive communities over time.