Re: An alternative to remailer shutdowns (fwd)

At 06:28 PM 5/20/96 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:

> [...]

But even "knowingly" needs to be carefully defined.  A remailer operator
today KNOWS that his system COULD be used for illegal activities; he merely
doesn't know that they are, currently.  I think that the definition should
be so narrow that it is impossible for a third party (or the government
itself)  to incriminate the remailer operator by having his system forward
arguably illegal or copyright-violating material.

Jim Bell
[email protected]