Re: An alternative to remailer shutdowns (fwd)

From:	IN%"[email protected]" 21-MAY-1996 05:18:04.13

>This is one reason we often talk about the dangers of remailers looking at
>what flows through their systems. Not so much to establish "common carrier"
>status, especially as that kind of status is just not something one sets
>out to establish!, but because the protection of being ignorant gets tossed
>out as soon as one admits to screening, or editing.

	Exactly how little can a remailer log and still keep adequate
functionality? I may be setting up one or two Mixmaster-type
to-other-remailers-only remailers sometime this summer (with one at Lance
Cottrell's company so I can get his help easier...), so it is a practical
question.... and one the answer to which may depend on whether one is
remailing to another remailer, or to a public setting, or to an email
address, or from an email address, etcetera.
	-Allen