Re: An alternative to remailer shutdowns

Ben Holiday <[email protected]> writes:
>  As far as I can tell an agreement of this form would be at
>  least as valid as the software licenses ("NOTICE: Opening this
>  envelope constitutes your agreement to the terms.. blah blah
>  blah") that are commonly used today.

IANAL, but I have one, and he said (a couple of years ago) that these
shrinkwrap contracts are practically worthless without a signature.  At least
this was how things were being handled in some districts.  Anyone care to
comment?

crypto relevance:  Can RSADSI __really__ enforce the silly "thou shalt not
call certain functions" restrictions in their 'license'?  I doubt it, but I
would love for someone to prove me wrong.

andrew