Electronic Signatures

 > 	The law does not specify how an electronic document must be
 > signed, but Barassi and others say it probably will mean coding the text
 > and typed signature so they cannot be changed by anyone other than the
 > writer.

Doh!  So set up a business which certifies PGP signatures.  What you
do is take money from people in exchange for a sheet of paper which
contains the PGP fingerprint, and a notarized copy of the person's
driver's license, credit card, or whatever.  Once you get that piece
of paper, you sign the person's PGP key with your business's key.
You certify that you have the piece of paper on file, and will provide
it upon payment of some small fee.

There.  A signature registry.  And you can even do it through a
service like First Virtual, or Digicash or Cybercash.  The only reason
I haven't done it is because I have other business with a higher
margin, and there's only so much Russell to go around.

-russ <[email protected]>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | It's no mistake to err on
Potsdam, NY 13676 | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | the side of freedom.