Re: Electronic Signatures

On 6 Jun 1996 [email protected] wrote:

>  >
>  > 	The law does not specify how an electronic document must be
>  > signed, but Barassi and others say it probably will mean coding the text
>  > and typed signature so they cannot be changed by anyone other than the
>  > writer.

Before you get all hot under the collar, may I note that I've known
Barassi for more than a year, and he is very technically sophisticated.
Allow for some reporter-garble.   Barassi understands digital signatures
as well as you do.

A. Michael Froomkin        | +1 (305) 284-4285; +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)
Associate Professor of Law |
U. Miami School of Law     | [email protected]
P.O. Box 248087            | http://www.law.miami.edu/~froomkin
Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA | It's warm here, and humid.